Introducing Book Connections and Homework Central from ProQuest
Both of these resources are provided courtesy of the California State Library.
Book Connections adds a multimedia dimension to the reading experiences of children's and young adult books. This eResource is developed and maintained to include thousands of resources about fiction and nonfiction books for youth, with every resource selected to encourage the integration of multimedia author and book materials into reading and library activities.
Fun features include study guides and criticism on thousands of books for young people, puzzles and games, and even an audio name pronunciation guide!
Homework Central gives student researchers access to five resources:
- CultureGrams: Offers unique, concise cultural information, multimedia, and vital statistics on the countries of the world, US states, and Canadian provinces. (Grades 3-12)
- eLibrary: Offers a collection of multidisciplinary periodical and digital media content designed for beginning and intermediate researchers. (Grades 6+)
- ProQuest Research Companion: eLearning platform offering multimedia-based lessons on information literacy principles, including finding, evaluating, and using information. (Grades 8+)
- SIRS Discoverer: Selected content for novice researchers, especially elementary and middle school students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher: A curriculum-aligned database of content organized by complex issues, ideally for middle and high school students and educators. (Grades 6+)
We'd love to hear from you!
Let us know what you think about these and other eResources. You can send comments to our eResources email form or contact us on social media.