Libby, by OverDrive
Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, and Libby Extras like The Great Courses and Craftsy using the Libby app by OverDrive. You can even send and read your borrowed eBooks to your Kindle eReader from Libby! It’s free and easy to get started for new users and a streamlined experience for current OverDrive app users. Learn more at overdrive.com/apps/libby/, opens a new window.
As of February 23, 2022, the legacy OverDrive app/software has been removed from all app stores except the Amazon app store. If you currently use the legacy OverDrive app and need assistance, contact us - we'd be very happy to help you move to Libby. You can also check out our Quick Start Guide for tutorials.
Libby offers lots of great features!
- Getting started is easy for new users.
- Libby offers a unified bookshelf for all loans and holds that lets you see the materials you have checked out from multiple libraries. Do you have cards from other Bay Area Libraries? Log into Libby to access all of your libraries.
- Support for multiple library cards from the same library. Are you sharing a device with a family member? Add multiple Alameda County Library cards to Libby so that you can all read without having to log in and out.
- Libby has a best-in-class eBook reader and eAudiobook player.
- Libby now allows wish-list syncing.
- Get push notifications right to your phone!
- Libby offers support for multiple world languages using your device's language setting.
- Get access to “Extras,” including streaming video services, educational courses, and more.
We'd love to hear from you!
Let us know what you think about these and other eResources. You can send comments to our eResources email form or contact us on social media.