A database of world, continent, country, and state maps. Included in the 4,000+ maps are: political maps, physical maps, outline maps, population maps, precipitation maps, climate maps, and other thematic maps.
Travel & Geography
Information is excellent for students. Find all those state animals, symbols, flags, etc. Maps, geography, food, and much more. Parents will be interested too!
Explore food culture and traditional recipes from around the world It's a movable feast in a digital cookbook. Learn to make classic dishes from 174 countries from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.
Concise cultural information on countries around the world. (Grades 3-12). CultureGrams offers:
- World Edition: Experience the world with cultural information on more than 200 countries and territories.
- Kids Edition: Get a kid's-eye view of daily life in countries around the world.
- States Edition: Explore all the U.S. states in colorful, engaging reports.
- Provinces Edition: Tour all the Canadian provinces and territories in 13 image-filled reports.
Explore amazing adventures in science, nature, culture, archaeology, and space. Best for children aged 6–14. Provided courtesy of the California State Library.
National Geographic magazine, the official journal of the National Geographic Society, built its reputation delivering the highest-quality photojournalism and cartography in the world.
The iconic monthly publication provides unparalleled, in-depth coverage of cultures, nature, science, technology, and more -- making it an essential resource for educators and students as well as general readers. Enjoy unlimited access to the magazine from the first issue in 1888 through 2015 -- every article from every issue, each fully searchable.
Information for business people, students and travelers, with maps, country and trade reports, cultural, media, holidays, trade information and much more.
Homework Central gives student researchers access to five resources:
- CultureGrams: Offers unique, concise cultural information, multimedia, and vital statistics on the countries of the world, US states, and Canadian provinces. (Grades 3-12)
- eLibrary: Offers a collection of multidisciplinary periodical and digital media content, designed for beginning and intermediate researchers. (Grades 6+)
- ProQuest Research Companion: eLearning platform offering multimedia-based lessons on information literacy principles including finding, evaluating, and using information. (Grades 8+)
- SIRS Discoverer: Selected content for novice researchers, especially elementary and middle school students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher: Curriculum-aligned database of content organized by complex issues, ideally for middle and high school students and educators. (Grades 6+)
This resource is available courtesy of the California State Library.
This ground-breaking project, launched in celebration of Native American Heritage Month, is an interactive online map that features audio recordings of 47 contemporary Native American poets, including Louise Erdrich, Natalie Diaz, and Ray Young Bear, among many others. The project was conceived by US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo.
Native Land offers an interactive map of the territories of Indigenous nations and includes territories, language maps, and maps of treaties. The site also includes teaching guides, resources, a guide to territory acknowledgment, and morel
This reference resource, produced by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), offers almanac-style information about the countries of the world.