As we will soon be reopening our buildings and welcoming you back, we are happy to introduce a new visual identity for AC Library. As we head toward 2021, it’s clear that our nation has some big work ahead. We believe building strong community connections will be essential to that work.
In the fall of 2018, AC Library talked with everyone we could in our service area of almost 600,000 people. We wanted to know what the Library meant to you. During these conversations, many of you said that the value of the library goes far beyond books. You told us that the Library, for you, is about community, connection, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We are happy to share our new visual identity & logo. In it, we see the energy and optimism of community connections, and the growth and movement that will move us forward as a Library…and as a nation. We are grateful for our collaboration with Library Market in the development of this logo.
We hope you like it!
About Our New Logo
- The infinity loop logo embraces the connection, movement, and energy of our library—one that is endlessly evolving to meet the growing needs of our communities.
- The breaks in the loop form the letters “ac” to spell out AC Library.
- The shape is a bit of a cipher: depending on how you look at it, you might see other things in the infinity loop (the hills and water of the East Bay, chain links, etc.).
- While the main color of our logo is blue, each of our libraries will have their own version with a different main color.
- The new logo is versatile—it can be adapted for different cultural events, celebrations, or library programs and services. This versatility will help us connect with the different communities we serve.
Versatile Logo Examples
Over the next several months, you’ll start to see our new logo and visual identity appear on our new website, social media, emails, program materials, and in our library spaces.