Make an informed decision about your college choice.
College is expensive but there are dollars to be found if you know where to look.
- FinAid: The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- Student Aid on the Web
- Comprehensive student financial aid information from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Wiredscholar: The Planning for College Destination
- This site from Sallie Mae, a "leading provider of education funding," presents basic information on preparing for, selecting, and applying to college, and information about paying for a college education, with an emphasis on financing and financial aid. Free registration allows students to access information relating to more than two million scholarships, and an "Award Analyzer." Some material is fee-based.
- Tuition Funding Sources
- Tuition Funding Sources is a private website designed to help students find scholarships, college and career information. TFS offers students the largest scholarship database in the world with over $41 Billion in scholarship awards along with a career personality test and detailed college and career information. Pepsi-Cola sponsors the TFS program. You must begin an account with TFS and link through the Alameda County Library website by using the Login link.