Use our sewing machines to sew your projects together much more quickly than with a needle and thread!
A Few Things You Can Make
- Clothing – including alterations and repairs
- Home Décor Items
- Quilt Squares
- Soft Toys
What You’ll Need
- The Library provides sewing machine needles, black and white all-purpose thread with bobbins, scissors, an iron, and other basic sewing supplies to use with our sewing machines.
- If you need thread in a different type or color than the Library provides, please plan to bring your own, as well as the appropriate sewing machine needles and Class 15 bobbins.
- You’ll need to bring your own fabric, as well as any specialty supplies needed for your project.
- Turn off the sewing machine before changing needles or presser feet.
- Keep your fingers/hands away from the sewing machine needle when the machine is running.
- If the sewing machine malfunctions, do not attempt to repair it. Contact Library Staff immediately for assistance.
- Members under the age of 13 must have a parent/guardian actively supervising them when using this equipment.
How to Make a Reservation
In order to make a reservation to use any Makerspace equipment, you will need:
- A library card under the name of the person who will be using the equipment
- A signed waiver for the person who will be using the equipment. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent/legal guardian sign the waiver on their behalf.
Then, fill out the Makerspace Equipment Interest form to get started.
- Access Craftsy in English and Spanish for free with your Library Card.
- Access Gale Presents: Udemy for free with your Library Card. Learn and improve skills across business, tech, design, and personal interests.
- Montavilla Sewing has a nice orientation to the Husqvarna Viking Emerald 116 on YouTube