Gale Presents: Udemy is somewhat different from most of our eResources in that there are a number of limitations on its use.
To use Gale Presents: Udemy
- You must have a regular (physical) library card. The vendor does not allow us to permit eCard holders to use the resource. You can convert your eCard into a regular library card. Check out our Library Card FAQs for information.
- You must be physically in Alameda County Library's service area to use Gale Presents: Udemy.
If you receive an error message telling you that "suspicious activity" has been detected, try the following steps:
- Were you physically in California when you attempted to log in? If no, unfortunately, you will not be able to connect to Gale Presents Udemy until you return.
- Are you using a VPN? Try turning it off and see if that fixes the problem.
- Are you using IP masking of some kind? Try turning it off and see if it fixes the problem.
- Are you using a browser or browser extension that blocks tracking? If so, try using another browser.
- Are you using a mobile hotspot? Try moving to a fixed wifi network.
- Is the timezone on your computer set to Pacific Standard (or Pacific Daylight depending on the time of year) Time? If not, try resetting the timezone.
If you still cannot access Gale Presents: Udemy, feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to help.