Getting a Library Card is easy:
2. Verify your account by bringing your identification (with name and proof of current California address) to any of our libraries' Circulation Desks. See below to learn how to request a Library Card by mail.
3. Start enjoying all that AC Library has to offer!
Please note: Non-Alameda County residents’ eCard accounts will be deleted after 30 days.
What identification do I need?
Accepted forms of identification include (but are not limited to):
- California driver's license
- California ID
- School-issued ID
- Physical or digital utility bill
- Recent postmarked mail
Library Cards by Mail
For a limited time, anyone who lives in the state of California can get an AC Library Card by mail. Here's how:
1. Apply for an account online. If you are under the age of 13 years old, your parent or guardian will have to help you complete the form.
2. Tell us where to send your Library Card. We'll mail your Library Card within one week.
3. Verify your new account online or by phone.
4. Start enjoying all that AC Library has to offer!
Paper Library Card Applications
If you would rather fill out a paper application form, please print and complete one of the below forms, then bring it to any of our locations: