The Library provides free online access to the New York Times on public computers and 24-hour off-site access through our website by code activation.
Access on library computers:
- Navigate to nytimes.com
- You will see a pop-up like the one below. Click Register. If you already have an account, click on Log in under the "Create Account" button.
- Browse or search for articles.
- Open a web browser.
- Click on the remote access link.
- Click “Redeem” to get 24 hours of continuous access.*
- Register with your personal email address, or click on “log in here” if you have already created an account.**
- You will have to log in twice.
Once you have created your account (or have logged in), you will receive an email confirmation of your 24-hour, unlimited access to New York Times Digital (pictured below).
* After the first 24 hours have passed, you will need to redeem another code for another 24 hours of remote access (i.e. Repeat Step 2). This is the licensing model that New York Times has negotiated with public libraries.
** Please be advised that registering an email address with New York Times Digital will opt you into receiving email marketing communications from the New York Times. To opt out of receiving mailings, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of these messages.