For your convenience, Alameda County Library allows Library Cardholders to add authorized users to their account by submitting a completed Additional Users Authorization form, either online or print. These forms are also available at each location's Circulation Desk.
An Additional User can:
- Check out the primary member’s holds
- Borrow and request items on the primary member’s account
- Pay fees
- View borrowing records and account balance
To access the account to which one is an approved user, the Additional User must do one of the following:
- Present the primary member’s library card
- Present an approved form of ID, know the name and address of the member, and be listed as an approved additional user on the account
- Please note: Exceptions to the ID requirement may be permitted for Additional Users under 13 years old.
Revoking Additional User access must be done in person or by submitting an Additional Users Removal form, either online or in print. Copies of this form are also available at each location's Circulation Desk.