AC Library is Expanding Visiting Hours Starting August 1
AC Library is excited to announce that we are expanding visiting hours at our libraries starting the week of August 1.
On August 1, we will expand library hours and end No Contact Pickup and midday closures. Ending No Contact Pickup and midday closures will allow us to offer more visiting hours to our communities. We plan to resume permanent library hours in September; stay tuned for more details.
All AC Library locations continue to require face coverings and social distancing for staff and visitors. On July 16, Alameda County and other Bay Area counties issued a press release recommending that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks indoors in public settings. As a reminder, stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
Below you'll find our schedule for expanded visiting hours starting the week of August 1. For our current schedule of open visiting hours, visit our locations page.
To enter our libraries, members must follow our health and safety rules based on Alameda County’s COVID-19 Reopening Guidance, opens a new window.
- Members two years and older are required to wear a properly fitting face covering
- Members inside and outside the libraries must follow social distancing guidelines
- Members are expected to follow the posted signage and verbal directions of staff
- Members will be provided with hand sanitizer upon entry
- Eating inside the library is not permitted at this time
- Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms
What we’re doing to protect the safety of members and staff
In addition to the visiting guidelines above, we’re also doing the following:
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces regularly
- Installing plexiglass at service desks
- Placing social distancing markers and signs throughout the library
- Providing hand sanitation stations throughout the library
- Closing libraries midday for cleaning
What services are available in the library?
- Browse the collection
- Computer use for one-hour sessions
- Self-service scan, print, and fax
- Very limited in-person programming outdoors
- Study rooms, where available, limited to one person or family unit by in-person appointment
- Tech-It-Out laptops are still available but must be returned to staff for sanitizing after use
- Wi-Fi access
What services are available outside of the library and in the community?
- Mobile Library services in our neighborhoods, view our schedule with Mobile Library stops
- Holds Pickup at the door during library visiting hours
- Cloud Printing Pickup by appointment
- No Contact Holds Pickup by appointment
What services are available online and by phone?
- Get answers to reference, account, and service questions by emailing or texting Ask Us or by calling your local AC Library.
- Start with an eCard and request a library card by email, opens a new window.
- eBooks and eLibrary resources can be accessed on our website with your library card.
- Virtual Programs offer virtual activities to learn together and stay connected .
- Dial-in to the Listen Inn, toll-free1.833.990.BOOK (2665), anytime night or day to hear sounds, poems, and stories.
- Lawyers in the Library, opens a new window is a free information and referral program staffed by volunteer lawyers. In a one-on-one appointment by phone, lawyers can answer questions on most legal topics.
What services are not available at this time?
- AWE Early Literacy Station™ Computers
- Meeting Rooms
- Book Donations
- Technology assistance with personal devices
- Extended research help