Libraries offering Limited Visiting Hours
We are excited to welcome you back to AC Library! As of June 15, all AC Library locations and other County offices continue to require face coverings and social distancing for staff and visitors.
Our Albany, Castro Valley, Centerville, Dublin, Fremont Main, San Lorenzo, and Union City Libraries now have limited visiting hours for in-person services, including browsing, printing, computer use, and study space. We continue to offer No Contact Pickup by appointment.
While our spaces and services may look a little different, we are committed to providing you with the great service you know and love.
We are following county and state public health guidelines to ensure your visit is as safe and pleasant as possible, and will continue to adapt and modify services in accordance with the Alameda County Public Health Reopening Plan.
To enter our libraries, members must follow our health and safety rules based on Alameda County’s COVID-19 Reopening Guidance, opens a new window.
- Members two years and older are required to wear a properly fitting face covering
- Members inside and outside the libraries must follow social distancing guidelines
- Members are expected to follow the posted signage and verbal directions of staff
- Members will be provided with hand sanitizer upon entry
- Eating inside the library is not permitted at this time
- Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms
What we’re doing to protect the safety of members and staff
In addition to the visiting guidelines above, we’re also doing the following:
- Limiting occupancy inside the library
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces regularly
- Installing plexiglass at service desks
- Placing social distancing markers and signs throughout the library
- Providing hand sanitation stations throughout the library
- Letting returned items sit for at least 24 hours before being circulated
- Closing libraries midday for cleaning
What services are available in the library?
- Browse the collection
- Computer use for one-hour sessions
- Self-service scan, print, and fax
- Study rooms, where available, limited to one person or family unit by in-person appointment
- Tech-It-Out laptops are still available but must be returned to staff for sanitizing after use
- Wi-Fi access
What services are available outside of the library and in the community?
- Mobile Library services in our neighborhoods, view our schedule with Mobile Library stops
- Holds Pickup at the door during library visiting hours
- Cloud Printing Pickup by appointment
- No Contact Holds Pickup by appointment
What services are available online and by phone?
- Get answers to reference, account, and service questions by emailing or texting Ask Us or by calling your local AC Library.
- Start with an eCard and request a library card by email, opens a new window.
- eBooks and eLibrary resources can be accessed on our website with your library card.
- Virtual Programs offer virtual activities to learn together and stay connected .
- Dial-in to the Listen Inn, toll-free1.833.990.BOOK (2665), anytime night or day to hear sounds, poems, and stories.
- Lawyers in the Library, opens a new window is a free information and referral program staffed by volunteer lawyers. In a one-on-one appointment by phone, lawyers can answer questions on most legal topics.
What services are not available at this time?
- In-Person Programs, but we are offering virtual programs
- AWE Early Literacy Station™ Computers
- Meeting Rooms
- Print Newspapers
- Book Donations
- Technology assistance with personal devices
- Extended research help