Alameda County Library invites people of all ages and abilities to come along for our 2022 Summer Adventure, Wonder in Nature! Complete activities, reading, and more to receive a book gift and prize drawing entries!
Our theme celebrates the joy of following our curiosity by taking time to admire the wonders of the great outdoors, our neighborhoods, and indoor environments. We can discover, create, and connect with each other to learn about ourselves and what’s around us!
How to Participate
- Pick up an Adventure Guide activity booklet at your library location starting today, June 15 (no signups required!). You can also catch us at any Mobile Library stop or the Lunch at the Library areas at San Lorenzo and Newark Libraries. A printable version of the guide is available on our Summer Adventure webpage.
- Use your creativity and sense of adventure to complete activities. You can interpret, present, and create them in your own way! These activities can be adapted for all abilities and there are no wrong answers.
- Submit and share your activity from the Adventure Guide. Complete the submission form and turn it in online, by mail, at your library location, or at any Mobile Library stop. Enjoy the Submission Showcase of entries both at the library and online. Let us know if we can share your entry on the Submission Showcase for others to appreciate and get inspired for their own Summer Adventures!
- For your first submission, head to your preferred library location for a book gift! You will also be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a prize.
- More submissions = more chances. Submit more activities by June 27, July 12, July 26, and August 15 to gain additional entries into the drawing. You will be contacted by a staff member if you win a prize. Keep a lookout!
Books and Prizes
Get a sneak peek at our prizes by following us on Facebook, opens a new window, Instagram, opens a new window (@aclibrary), and Twitter, opens a new window (@aclib)! Our prizes are sourced from local businesses in Alameda County.
Won't you come adventuring with us?
Visit our webpage, opens a new window to stay up to date on all things Summer Adventure. Our page will have staff-curated book lists, upcoming events, featured activities, blog posts about Summer Adventure, a Submission Showcase with activities we have received so far, and a list of updated FAQs. We also have a form for questions, comments, and compliments, so feel free to connect with us!