While our libraries remain closed, we are accepting returns on a reduced schedule. Libraries will accept returns during No Contact Holds Pickup Service hours.
Each library will also accept returns in our book drops on specific days. Book drops will be closed early if full. There may be a delay of up to 10 days before items are checked-in, as items will not be handled until at least 96 hours after the book drop is closed. This practice is based on guidance from the Alameda County Public Health Department.
We are not accepting donations at this time, and return receipts are unavailable.
When Materials Can Be Accepted
Items can be returned outside the libraries during No Contact Holds Pickup Service hours.
Book Drops are also open on a limited schedule.
- Albany - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
- Castro Valley - Sunday, Monday
- Centerville - Sunday, Monday
- Dublin - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
- Fremont Main - Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Irvington - Not accepting returns at this time
- Newark - Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Niles - Sunday, Saturday
- San Lorenzo - Friday, Saturday
- Union City - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday