Preferred Search is a feature that allows you to stay informed about new materials added to the Alameda County Library collection. You can be notified by email when a new book by your favorite author comes in. A preferred search can be for an author, a subject, or even a keyword.
- Log in by clicking on the "My Account" button and enter your name and library card barcode.
- Click on the "Search" button; choose the type of search you want. For example, if you wish to be notified of new books by an author, select the author search option.
- Type the information in the search box & click on the "Go" button.
- Click on the "Save as preferred search" button.
- Now click the "My Record" button - this takes you back to your account. Click on the "Preferred searches" link to view what you saved.
- Check box in the "Mark for email" column and then click on the "Update list" button to save your information.
- When the library receives material noted your preferred search, you will receive an email.